Our rainwear is 100% waterproof, able to withstand the very wettest conditions.
We use a material called bonded cotton that contains an impermeable rubber membrane placed between two thin layers of cotton. Unlike Gore-Tex and other performance materials, this waterproof cotton fabric does not require retreating and will remain waterproof for life.
In addition, any exposed areas of stitching are covered with water-resistant tape, ensuring complete protection from the elements.
Both the bonded cotton material and waterproof glue are made from a natural rubber solution that carries a distinctive scent.
When unboxing your new rainwear this will be particularly apparent and is part of what makes your raincoat a genuine mackintosh. The scent will soon fade once left to hang.
Avoid high temperatures such as radiators, fires, and hot-water pipes as this may damage the natural rubber.
To maintain the appearance of your raincoat please observe the following:
- Air dry naturally when not in use, especially before storage.
- Avoid direct sunlight for extended periods of time as this may bleach colours.
- Do not store folded as this may leave visible creases. Instead store flat or hanging.
Cleaning should be carried out infrequently and by hand only where required:
- Do not dry clean or machine wash.
- Small stains should be spot removed with a little soap and water.
- Use gentle pH neutral soap, never spirits or other harsh chemical cleaners.
- If it is necessary to wash the whole coat, run a bath with tepid water and wash gently with soap.
- Remove any water collected in the pockets and hang to drip dry naturally.
- Do not iron.