8.1 Lifetime repair programme
We offer lifetime repairs for all our raincoats, whether bought online or in stores.
Repairs due to wear and tear will incur a minor fee to cover postage and materials. Please email repairs [at] faeroes.co.uk and we will be happy to assist you.
Should a product be irreparable, we offer a recycle programme to utilise any available fabric and credit towards purchasing future products.
All our rainwear is 100% waterproof with fully taped interior seams.
We use a material called bonded cotton that contains an impermeable natural rubber membrane placed between two thin layers of cotton. Unlike Gore-Tex and other performance materials this waterproof cotton fabric does not require retreating and will remain waterproof for life.
8.3 Natural rubber
Both the bonded cotton material and waterproof glue are made from a natural rubber solution which carries a distinctive scent.
When unboxing your new rainwear this will be particularly apparent and is part of what makes your raincoat a genuine mackintosh. The scent will soon fade once left to hang.
Avoid high temperatures such as radiators, fires, and hot-water pipes as this may damage the natural rubber.
To maintain the appearance of your raincoat please observe the following:
- Air dry naturally when not in use, especially before storage.
- Avoid direct sunlight for extended periods of time as this may bleach colours.
- Do not store folded as this may leave visible creases. Instead store flat or hanging.
Cleaning should be carried out infrequently and by hand only where required:
- Do not dry clean or machine wash.
- Small stains should be spot removed with a little soap and water.
- Use gentle pH neutral soap, never spirits or other harsh chemical cleaners.
- If it is necessary to wash the whole coat, run a bath with tepid water and wash gently with soap.
- Remove any water collected in the pockets and hang to drip dry naturally.
- Do not iron
We offer a 3 year warranty on all our products. In the unlikely event of a manufacturing default please email repairs [at] faeroes.co.uk and we will work with you to assess the issue and cover any expenses where necessary.
Repairs made outside of this warranty still benefit from our lifetime repair programme, with a minor fee to cover postage and materials.
8. Care & Repair